I know I am not very popular on Newgrounds, or anywhere else for that matter. But there are a few of you who enjoy my shitty little parodies and original cartoons. I am asking you to please help me get a larger audience. You can do this by following me on Facebook and sharing posts, following me on Twitter, Dailymotion, Vimeo and Newgrounds, and telling your friends about my cartoons (if you like them). Hell, you can even follow me on Instagram or visit my website.
For those of you who think my cartoons look like shit there are a few good reasons behind that:
- I can get my cartoons out faster. I am more concerned with the humor than the look.
- In my opinion, crappy animation is funnier for my style of humor.
- I get bored very quickly. Most of my cartoons take a day to two weeks to complete. If I were to make them look beautiful like some other Newgrounds creators they would never be finished.
- I am too picky to ever get my decent looking cartoons the way I like them. That's why they have looked shitty since I began in 2001.
- I am more concerned with getting the humor across, not giving you something pretty to look at. There are plenty of people doing that here.
For those of you who think my cartoons aren't funny:
- You have a terrible sense of humor. :D
If you have not seen any of my cartoons please give them a chance. If you don't like them that is fine. It has just gotten to the point where I work hard enough on them that I don't want to make them if no one is watching. That is why I am asking you to please spread the word of FARToons. I love you guys and I hope we can make a baby together some day.
Log in to Comment
Honestly, I can get behind wanting to working faster. And from the videos, yep, I can often ignore the animation for the humor :D
I can't even animate, so nice work dude.
It is weird. I have been approached by several people to do real cartoony animation. Even a Disney animator who sort of became my mentor. I think the main reason I never became a very good animator or artist is because I don't believe in myself and I'm too picky and impatient. In 2008 I had a Disney animator say to me that I was better than he was at my age. He tried to help me improve but stupid life shit always got in the way. I don't know. I guess I am not very good at taking new approaches. So I still animate like shit. I wish I didn't because I love traditional animation so much. I have just never gotten the hang of it. Anytime I start something like that I give up. So I guess shitty Flash animation will be my past, present and future. :/
That sounds really cool that you got recognition from someone of that caliber.
It may not be as close a comparison but as an art hobbyist, I favor the traditional art. Despite having the tutorials and everything online for going digital, I couldn't bring myself to learn this new style much. As a result, my color is very flat and I don't know how to do special effects or anything.
Is the Barney Bunch coming back/